Fort Myers, Florida was platted in 1876 where no more than 10 families lived. As the city grew, and the Edison Bridge was built, the people began to settle in North Fort Myers. Pioneers were attracted to the pristine and heavily wooded wilderness.
Early names for the area included Samville, New Prospect, Bayshore, Cabana City, and even Woodrow for President Woodrow Wilson. By the early 1900’s North Fort Myers had a population of 50 and it was the hub of milling activities for processing old-world stands of pine trees brought in the eastern Lee County near Hickey’s creek. While North Fort Myers is steeped with history, today it is a community poised for growth.
HISTORIC NORTH FORT MYERS